A work-in-progress to explore the principles of mycelial networks applied in socio-technical systems.
- 1.🌱 REGENERATIVE/REMEDIAL/POSITIVE SUM: First responder in ecosystem regeneration. Digests externally, producing materials for life to exist. Breaks down plastic, oil, hydrocarbons. Stimulates neuronal regrowth.
- 2.🕸 NETWORKED/DISTRIBUTED/ANARCHIST: No central command. Local subsidiarity, problem solving at the edges.
- 3.💪 ANTI-FRAGILE: Disturb a mycelial network, and it grows more dense.
- 4.🌳 FRACTAL: Self-similar structures up & down.
- 5.🤝 MUTUALIST/COOPERATIVE/INTEROPERABLE/COMPOSABLE: Interfaces intelligently with many different species with positive sum outcomes (most of the time - nature is also brutal).
- 6.⚛ STIGMERGIC/EMERGENT/ADAPTIVE: Responsive to their environment, constantly adapting new strategies, power sources (e.g. nuclear radiotrophic mushrooms)
- 7.👩🔬 POLYCENTRIC: local contextual diversification/specialization as required. E.g. nearby penicillin factory for battling bacteria
- 8.🤫 CONSOLIDATE POWER UNDERGROUND: power base established before presenting itself to the world
- 9.🙇♂️ HUMBLE: Growing where nothing else will grow. On a pile of shit, out of sight, in the lowest of the low.
- 10.🔁 REDISTRIBUTIVE: Effective resource allocation networks for getting nutrients around a network (water, carbon, antibacterial compounds, etc)
- 11.🌊 CONTINUOUS FLOW: Persistent, circular flows. Not discrete. No hoarding.
- 12.🕊 OPTIMISTIC: Building for a better future.
- 13.🌍 UBIQUITOUS: Ever present, persistent. Ancient.
- 14.🌐 MARGIN-CENTERED WISDOM: Edge-based sense & response mechanisms obviate the need for centralized hierarchies
- 15.<YOUR PRINCIPLE HERE>: Feel free to add more mycopunk principles that you see active in mycelial networks!